Surface Tension by Smiler



Just another day waiting to be enjoyed ...... study, studio, garden, allotment, kitchen ........





Tuesday 21 February 2012

Oil Painting

Auriculas in Terracotta Pot

Oil painting and I had a very brief encounter when I was eighteen, the paintings were okay for a first attempt, but after a short while the excessive amount of oil I had used began to be soaked up by the support leaving a 'shadow' around my painting - our flirtation was over.





I have recently tried again and I have been plesantly surprised and slowed down - much to the amusement of my 'classmates'. Edward, our tutor, has been great and I now understand why mixing colour is so important. So, rather than my usual enjoyment of painting in a rather loose style in watercolour, gouache, acrylic, pencil or ink, I have spent many hours creating my interpretation of a small corner of the garden where a few pots stand together with an old glass lantern with a rusty decaying base and a pot of auriculas.



























No comments:

Post a Comment