Surface Tension by Smiler



Just another day waiting to be enjoyed ...... study, studio, garden, allotment, kitchen ........





Monday 1 February 2010

SURFACE TENSION - MAGGIE H TEXTILE ARTIST
My love of fabrics goes back to childhood and over the years I have developed a passion for textiles. Much of my inspiration comes from the natural world, both wild and cultivated as well as organic forms. However, I am also inspired by historic buildings, both grand houses and places of work. I enjoy reusing fabrics, especially natural fibres, silks, linens, wools and cotton. I find that space-dying many of the fabrics and threads I use give wonderfully subtle changes of colour and shade which make them a joy to use. I also enjoy incorporating found objects, which add a sense of history to a finished piece.

I have worked on a number of private commissions and exhibition pieces, but more recently I have enjoyed creating pieces for my own pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment